More than 60 health care professionals from the region attended the first-ever Treating Addiction: Integrating Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT) into Primary Care conference on Jan. 25 in Auburn.
Western Sierra Medical Clinic organized the half-day conference to help health care professionals combat substance abuse in our community, especially for residents addicted to opioids such as prescription pain medications and heroin, a critical and fast-growing problem in the region.
Western Sierra has five podcasts that feature the speakers and their valuable information shared at the conference.
As you will hear, collaboration is key to addressing and defeating the problem. We must continue to develop new partnerships, explore new opportunities and improve existing MAT services. The conference is just the latest of a community wide effort to help those battling substance abuse – and an excellent example of Better Health Together.
*Click on the image to the left for a PowerPoint of the Presentations*
If you have any questions or would like more information about Western Sierra’s MAT program, the conference or the featured speakers, please contact Cheryl Rubin at email@example.com.
Thanks to the Center for Care Innovations for its partnership and support for this conference.
- Scott McFarland, CEO, Western Sierra Medical Clinic
- Brian Dahle, Assembly Republican Leader, District 1
- Christina Lasich, MD, Pain & Addiction Medicine and Chief Medical Officer, Western Sierra Medical Clinic
- Alinea Stevens, MD, MPH, Chapa-De Indian Health
- Veronica Velasquez-Morfin, MD, Medical Director, El Dorado Community Health Centers
- Rob Oldham, MD, Placer County Public Health Officer & Western Sierra Medical Clinic Board member
- Michael Freeman, Manager, Substance Abuse Disorder Compliance Division, CA Dept. of Health Care Services
- Ramiro Zuniga, MD, Medical Director, California Health & Wellness
- Mike Witte, MD, Chief Medical Officer, California Primary Care Association
- Sarah Khawaja, CA Hub and Spoke Grant Manager, Aegis Treatment Centers